Monday 17 December 2012

Here We Go . . .

     First post in my personal journal - yes, here we go - this is it. Personal? At times yes I'll write about personal issues, and at other times I'll write about whatever stirs me. Have I said enough for now? Probably . . .

However, let me add that I have just worked fourteen days with only one day off, and I have really enjoyed the experience, even if the work has been mostly mundane . . . hey, it's Christmas work, when it ends I'm back to square one, unless of course something comes up.

If you don't know who I am and what I do for a living then let me fill you in - I'm a taxidermist . . .

Only kidding! I'm not a taxidermist and therefore I'll not be filling you in so to speak! I grew up as a youngster in the world of gardening - my father worked in that sphere, and so does my brother, whom is ten years my senior. I grew up with skills I never knew I had - consequently I became a Civil Servant for seven years. Then I got into sales, followed by Marketing and Distribution Management and Team Management until . . . I realised that I was chasing footsteps . . .

. . . and I returned, kicking and screaming, to gardening once more. How did that happen? It was the movement of life - and I do enjoy myself out there, but at this time of year there isn't much work for me to do in the UK - hence the warehouse work I've been doing. Tomorrow I go to London to work with my brother - he's 64 now - and on Wednesday it's back to the Warehouse until the moment they tell me my services are no longer required - so be it.

Me in Gardening Mode


Look it's almost Christmas, and at least I'll have a few quid in me pocket so that I can enjoy it, and New Year, with PJ - who is out tonight! By the way, Oodles of Noodles is on the settee next to me - I have a photo of her, would you like to see it? I took it just a couple of days back as she basked in the Glory of her Victory in 'The Battle for the Stairs' - Arnold prefers the bed anyway. So be it!

Yours in a kinda deludedly surreal way,

Doug McMillan.

Hi, my name is Oodles of Noodles
and I have
The Stairs Factor!
ps - I'm sitting here drinking a glass of Merlot, make that two glasses? I don't mind if I do! Dinner I have just cooked and eaten whilst writing this first post - bacon, egg and chips! Not the healthiest combo, but hey, delicssss....

No comments:

Post a Comment