Friday 4 January 2013

Got The T-shirt . . . baton not finished yet!

     I'd like to tell you to simply "Be here now", but I can't, and you couldn't even if you wanted to, so what would be the point; Unless you are of course? Well are you? What a friggin stupid question, right? I mean, are you here now? Well of course you are . . . but are you really? Hm, here we go again . . .

What is meant by the words "Be here now"? Well we're not talking about the body being here now because that would make no sense at all, I mean where else could your body be, on the moon maybe? I don't think so (but I could be wrong!).

The body is always in the moment, Always - it can be nowhere else - so where are you? I mean, well, if your body is always, shall we agree to say - Present - or in the moment, where are you? Also, as an add on here, if the body is always in the here and now, and you're not, the question is: "What are you if not the body" - Hmmm?

Well I have a mind to tell you that physically you are your body, obviously. Mind you that's nothing new to you is it? The operative word here? Mind. Let's start here, and we'll also look at the brain, if you don't mind?

The brain is actually physical. It is the tangible aspect, whilst the mind is the intangible aspect. That means that your brain, being physical is always present in this moment, but the mind? This is a tricky subject...

Thinking - I'm talking about thinking, and I'm thinking that thinking is a tricky subject, one that shouldn't be treated too lightly, especially as thinking is a mightily big aspect of the mind. Look, I'm no psychologist, I'm just a Wayward Yogi Blogger with self-delusional tendencies at the best of times, but one thing I can tell you, through a lifetime of self-observation, is that if your body is always present in this moment then it can only be your mind that isn't. The question I have to ask you here and now is, "Do you agree?" Hey it doesn't matter either way, but...

The only way you'll ever Know with all certainty if what I'm writing here is accurate is by being an observer of yourself; meaning your thoughts, feelings and actions, there is no other way. If you don't become the observer of what you call yourself then you'll miss the point. The point? Yes, the whole point, and nothing but the point - and the point is?

The point is that you'll be left with what you've already got, and what is that? What you've got right now is a body, which we've already agreed is always present in this moment, right - and along with that you'll have a mind that is limited by its past. Its past? Aha, that's right - all you have right now is what you think you are, and that is based on your past - or what you think of as your past. What you have right now is a mind full of attitudes, beliefs and opinions - and you assume that this baggage of past conditioning is yourself. But is it?

Does any of this really matter? Only you can answer that, I can't do it for you; I've been there, done that - I'm just passing on the baton . . .

. . digest wisely!

No comments:

Post a Comment